Sunday, May 27, 2007

12 days in Europe

So I survived my 16 rs flight from Singapore, KL to Zürich. If you can remember those cartoons you watched when you were young, little houses on green feild of hillside with smoke coming out from the chimmery. Swiss is just filled with houses like this! Just like I walked into a giant fairytale story book picturebook. The weather was not much difference from singapore except for the humidity. I spent a lazy afternoon in the busy and expensive Zürich city. Switzerland is a beautiful country. Nature is breath taking.

A 2 hours lake tour at Vierwaldstädter See was a nice cool break from the city. Everyone on board was enjoying the ride. Though the heat is melting the snow cap of the mountains, it´s just a different way to look at the beautiful scenery. Clear lake water green hillside.....I wish to stay here forever.



Climbing up the Grossmünster tower was a good workout. there wasn´t any break at the narrow spiral staircase. At the top of the church tower, a good 360 degree of the view of zürich city. A superb work out for my legs (with good balancing walking up the narrow steps!) The view was all worth the pain.

We made our trip from Zürich to Stuttgart on friday evening after Sören knocked off from work. Traffic jam in Zürich city was unbelievable! Once we entered Germany, cars sped along the highway as there was no speed limit in Germany highway.





Solitude castle at the outskirt of Stuttgart was a peaceful area. The castle is quite small one but it´s well maintained.








Next stop... France! 3 countries in 1 trip? Sounds like a dream to me! hahaha... yay yay! Strasbourg, here I come! We crossed the border to France! Bonjour! First stop, Petite France. It has many old small houses... stone path, little shops and cafe. French carrying baget walking along small roads. A short tour to the Cathedral of Strasbourg. I love the stained glasses in it. The smell of old churches always seems so calming. Bonapetite! we had our very first taste of real french food for lunch. The main difference was french stretches their meal time extensively. A nice slow and eazy way to enjoy food but it too made me very lazy and tired. European Parliment is where many "important decisions" were made among the EU countries.. and people work in there are paid heaps! We made our way to botanical garden, to get in touch with the nature while the guys fall asleep on the bench at the entrance. How lovely? hahaha.... The day trip totally drained out all my energy and when I got into the car, I KO immediately while Sören made his way back to Stuttgart via black forest.

Weather was bad on the following day, we ended up just crashing in and watched a fantastic movie, Closer starred Julia Roberts and Jude Law. The sudden changed of weather gave me a cold. I am totally not prepared to have a change of temperature from 28 to 7. argh....*sneeze*

Weather continued to be nasty, Nina and I decided to make a early trip to Weilheim just in case the rain get heavier. 3 hours later, we arrived Weilheim and we went to the thermal bath spa where we could swim in warm water. wooo.... Running out from the building to the pool was no joke. Itś quite an experience for me as I have never swam in warm water before.

The next day we made our way to the fairytale castle,
Neuschwanstein near München. The castle was built by King Ludwig II. Only 3 rooms in the castle was completed. The exterior view is magnificent, you can understand why Dinseyland used that as their logo template. After that, we made our way back to Staffelsee near Weilheim. Just another fantastic scenery!!!! Last day in Germany is to visit München. I did a lot of shopping in the city centre ( the first shopping I did for this trip.. I am not a shoppaholic!) Nina showed me the city hall and brewery house of HB and I made my way back to Zürich. I had a truely amazing experience in Germany.

I just laze in when I got back to Swiss, my blocked/running nose was killing me!!! The next day we went to Titlis in Luzern. It was not freaking cold which was good. The view of the lake was just FANTASTIC.


















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home