Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Post Zurich Trip

Interview went well and I passed the committee for admission of PhD, but guess what they told me after I've gone through everything? "sorry jen, you do not have Msc, we can't take u in to do our PhD program". You can imagine how I feel. You can imagine how I swallow this piece of hard cold fact? Disappointment, devastated, angry (to be frank, not really), humiliated and waste of my time and effort. They informed me they are fully aware that I do not possess a Msc so then... why spend the money to bring me in at the first place. Ya.. they spent more than a thousand Euro to buy me a hope then burst it. How fun? Anyway, I am grateful they brought me in, I gained experience and become more confident when meeting people for interviews.

Anyhow, I had fun with all the other candidates. Drinks drinks drinks every night! I don't remember a night that I was sober after 8! I didn't really have time to explore the city one more time due to the interviews lined up and all the visits + the hotel I was staying in was not near to the place where I had all the interviews. Another eye opening experience with the europeans! I met so many wonderful people this time and I wish them success in the future.

After friday nite, I finally what is man whore and slut! Don't ask me who... they know who they are and they will never read this blog! Anyway, I had my fun and they had theirs, sometimes I know just now to respect other people a little more than they should.



We managed to grab a train ticket to Germany for a wine fest. It was a good one. None I will ever experience in Singapore as it's just too hot here.

I survived with all my new friends there. Don't really need anyone you know there to help at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home